Truth

The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
-
Christopher Johnson McCandless

12.20.2010

"I wonder, do we all know where we belong? And if we do, in our hearts, why do we so often do nothing about it? There must be more to this life, a purpose for us all, a place to belong. You were my home. I knew from the moment I met you..." (Beyond Borders)

Lunar Eclipse. Winter Solstice. Escapism Pt. III. Fuck, let's make this happen. Transformation.



If you are always setting your focus on the horizon and what is ahead, you will miss the little moments of beauty that happen in the details of what is right in front of your face.




“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” 

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” 


Now I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes, I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you
‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you…
I’ve been waiting for so long.
Now I’ve finally found someone
To stand by me

Black Eyed Peas