Truth

The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
-
Christopher Johnson McCandless

1.19.2011

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.” (Unknown)


There is a familiar path that winds through my forest,
Made up of soft wood shaving,
ground into the damp earth hiding beneath.
this is my path, and I'm meant to journey down its endless course.
But it is narrow, too slender for a companion to walk alongside me.
So I must walk this path alone.
I am not afraid, for the path is recognizable
and I find comfort in my steps down its eternal passageway to the unknown.
As I begin walking, I can tell this will not be an easy expedition.
Every mile my path has twists and turns.
Despite the challenges that lie before me, I feel confident and safe as I begin my walk.

-Excerpt from "The Forest" (Myself 1.27.2009)