Truth

The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
-
Christopher Johnson McCandless

3.15.2011

“I can sail without wind; I can row without oars. But I cannot part from my friend without tears.”



I woke dreaming we had broke
Dreaming you left me for someone new
And you cried, drying those brown eyes
Crying you're sorry - sorry won't do

But this is the way I need to wake
I wake to you
And you never left me
All that I dreamt had been untrue
Open my eyes
I see sky

Oh, oh, oh, oh, you know the way to keep me on my toes
I, I, I will be fine - just say you'll stay forever mine
'Til we fall asleep tonight

SKY: JOSHUA RADIN/INGRID MICHAELSON




"Nature does not play favorites and just as the earthquake struck New Zealand recently, the fires ravaged Australia two years ago, and the tsunami struck India and Thailand not so very long ago, the message is clear -- we all share the dangers of living on the water planet called earth.
In the face of such peril from the forces of nature, we are all equal.
I have heard many people say that Japan's tragedy is karma. People who say such things do not understand the concept of karma. This earthquake struck Japan purely on the basis of geography and geology."
-Quoted Paul Watson (Huffington Post) Tears for the Land of the Rising Sun


For Whom the Bell Tolls
by John Donne

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

"Perhaps the price of comfort is that life passes more rapidly. But for anyone who has lived in uneasiness, even for a short, memorable duration, it's a trade-off that will gladly be made." (Arthur Nersesian-Author)


My sympathy and prayers and condolences
to those who lost their loved ones in the tragedy
that struck Japan
and to all the children who are left orphans,
without homes,
without family.
It truly is heartbreaking.

Those who believe this was "deserved" are ignorant and hateful.


No one deserves this.