Truth

The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
-
Christopher Johnson McCandless

9.04.2012

"I can't feel that. It's sweet and everything, but it's like you're not even there sometimes. It's great that you can listen and be a shoulder to someone, but what about when someone doesn't need a shoulder. What if they need the arms or something like that?" -Perks

“I woke up as the sun was reddening; and that was the one distinct time in my life, the strangest moment of all, when I didn't know who I was - I was far away from home, haunted and tired with travel, in a cheap hotel room I'd never seen, hearing the hiss of steam outside, and the creak of the old wood of the hotel, and footsteps upstairs, and all the sad sounds, and I looked at the cracked high ceiling and really didn't know who I was for about fifteen strange seconds. I wasn't scared; I was just somebody else, some stranger, and my whole life was a haunted life, the life of a ghost.” jack kerouac On The Road.


“Look, I'm going to find a way to be happy, and I'd really love to be happy with you, but if I can't be happy with you, then I'll find a way to be happy without you.” 



Hold on, to me as we go 
As we roll down this unfamiliar road 
And although this wave is stringing us along 
Just know you’re not alone 
Cause I’m going to make this place your home 

Settle down, it'll all be clear 
Don't pay no mind to the demons 
They fill you with fear 
The trouble it might drag you down 
If you get lost, you can always be found 




“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”  jack kerouac


Though I've never been through hell like that
I've closed enough windows
to know you can never look back

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on
fun.


“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.”


memoirs.
sometimes I feel on the edge of greatness,
and sometimes i feel  completely lost, 
with endless distance between the person I am and the  person I want to me.
and i wonder, 
how all the pieces of the picture fit together.
how to be the better version of self.
sometimes i lay awake with empty thoughts,
sometimes i lay awake, overwhelmed by clarity.
the wandering of the well worn path,
the adventures of a voyager, exploring the empty corners of the map.
i can't help but to  fight the fight.
we all want our story to be a story worth telling,
whether it is a story retold many times,
or simply recounted a few,
or locked away and shared with no one.
it's about the worth, and finding the direction we crave.
to search and search and try to make sense of it all.
i know that beauty matters,
and i have seen so much beauty.
I have found beauty in the world, natural, pure, honest.
I have found beauty in people, the struggles and the disparity, the hope and the celebrations.
love is an essence of life.
what does this mean?
to me,
this means love is as necessary as breathing.
you must find a way to love yourself,
and then carry that love for yourself into the relationships you encounter.
find the love that matters,
find the love that is endless,
find the love that defies any other heartbreak.
never forget how far you've come,
the adventures you've experienced,
the places you have traveled,
the cities you have lived in.
you are not regressing.
if you keep those memories close to your heart,
fresh in your mind,
then, and only then, you will see...
how far you have come,
how many steps are between what you were and what you are.
growth.
transformation.
this is what brings life to the lifeless,
hope to the hopeless,
love to the loveless.
But don't lose your spirit,
don't ever stop being brave.
know that nothing last forever,
so appreciate every single moment of the here and now,
then you wont miss anything.
then your life will grain meaning.
carry on through the mundane,
push through the hard parts,
come out stronger on the other side.
love along the way.
and remember,
it all matters.